It came as a very nice surprise to us when Robin Smith (JRC) announced to the teams of wetransform, lat/lon and GeoSparc that we would collectively receive this year’s “Award for recognition of excellence in geo-information technologies“. This award was given in memory of Doug Nebert and Christiner Giger. Doug Nebert, an active member of the OGC Technical Committee and Planning Committee since 1994, received OGC’s highest award in 2005. Christine had been a very active member of the INSPIRE community and Scientific Manager of the HUMBOLDT project, and was thus involved with the HALE team early on.
Alessandro Annoni, Head of the Digital Earth and Reference Data Unit (JRC) explained why the three teams were awarded: “These three teams have been technological enablers of spatial data infrastructures, have ensured the sustainability of research results and have now entered a partnership with great potential“.
One of the constant themes of the last year was that INSPIRE and open standards in general should be easier to use and to maintain. This goal is what drove us to build a partnership with two leading Open Source GIS companies to develop a complete and accessible solution – the INSPIRE»GIS.
Three Open Source GIS experts have joined forces to provide a complete, integrated solution: wetransform provides ETL expertise, lat/lon offers deegree data management and service technology, and Geosparc adds Sleevemonkey analytics and web mapping to the mix. INSPIRE»GIS is a complete solution that offers what is expected of a powerful GIS:
- Design: Extend INSPIRE schemas with a few clicks, create new ones from scratch or maintain a theme together.
- Transform: Link your current data to INSPIRE and enjoy high performance transformation and validation.
- Manage: Maintain and update your data sets with enterprise level data management and security.
- Publish: Create View and Download Services with support for common GIS or BI software.
- Explore: Discover and view your data together with public sources on all channels.
- Analyze: Get to the heart of GIS and perform analytics on rich object models and linked data.
Find out more about INSPIRE GIS and register for for information!